Well, the excitement of Christmas is over – cards sent, presents wrapped, given, received, opened. Trees decorated, lights put up, turkeys stuffed and roasted, families have got together to celebrate and have (usually) eaten far too much! The New Year has been ushered in and life gets back to some kind of normality.
We’ve enjoyed brilliant sunny days, crisp icy mornings, ferocious winds. Grey skies predominate right now, rainy weather, waterlogged roads and ditches. But we’ve passed the shortest day now. The sun rises and sets a minute or so later each day at the moment but it feels as though the days are already getting longer! Bring on the spring…
We would like to say a big THANK YOU to the following:
- to all who helped with the production of the book
- to those who so generously donated money in order to make publication possible
- to those who helped with the launch party at Metfield Village Hall in November
- to all who came to the launch and bought books and made Christine’s day very special
- to all who have since then bought books at their local shops and at the Metfield Christmas Fair
- to all the shops who are stocking the book
- to all those of you who have already taken the trouble to contact Christine either via this website or direct to tell her of your own memories triggered by the book or to tell her how much you have enjoyed reading it.
We’d still love to hear from you with your comments on the book. We’d still like you to send us your own memories and photographs to add to the website. And, of course, we’d like you to carry on spreading the word and buying more copies for family and friends’ birthdays, Mother’s Day and Just-Because-I-Love-You Days. They are still on sale at outlets in Metfield, Fressingfield, Harleston, Bungay, Flixton and Halesworth. See previous blogs for more details.
And finally, we wish you a very Happy New Year!